Home Page Stories
We welcome Kim Brooker, who works for Kennebunk Savings Bank at the Eliot branch office, as our newest club member.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
Have you ever thought about giving back to the community and the world?
The South Berwick - Eliot Rotary Club is your ONE STOP SHOP for finding opportunities to serve. Over the course of the year this Rotary Club:
- Feeds senior citizens at a Thanksgiving dinner that we host
- Helps with community events such as the Lanternfest and Home for the Holidays
- Runs a blood drive for the Red Cross
- Supports Polio Plus - a worldwide program to eradicate polio once and for all
- Organizes a Geography Quiz Night that raises money for an international project while teaching us all about world and local geography
- Raises money through its Citizen Appreciation Dinner for high school scholarships
- Supports high school students in their volunteer and service projects
- Plans activities that help worthy causes everywhere
AND WE SURE HAVE LOTS OF FUN WHILE DOING ALL THESE GREAT THINGS!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US, JUST LET US KNOW AND WE'LL GET YOU INVOLVED.
YOU WILL NEVER MEET A NICER BUNCH OF PEOPLE, EITHER!
WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU BECOME A ROTARIAN.
Letter from the President
Welcome to the South Berwick- Eliot Rotary Club Website and thanks for stopping by!
The South Berwick-Eliot club is made up of 30 men and women, who are your neighbors and friends. We are all passionate about creating positive change in our communities and the world around us. We are an inclusive, committed and most importantly, fun loving group of people who like to get things done.
Our Rotary International President, Gary Huang, chose " Light up Rotary" as his theme for 2014-15. He was inspired by the Chinese philosopher Confucius who said, " It is better to light a single candle, than to sit and curse the darkness." He went on to say "There are so many problems in the world, so many people who need help Many say there is nothing I can do, so they sit there and do nothing, meanwhile everything stays dark." The Rotary way is to light a candle. I light one, you light one, 1.2 million Rotarians light one. Together we light up the World.
Please join the South Berwick- Eliot Rotary club in lighting the way in our communities and around the world. We would love to have you!
Club Executives & Directors